With each of our projects, our clients are guaranteed the personal involvement of our managing director and principal designer from the initial concept to its completion.
Upon our appointment, we typically undertake an in-depth consultation with our clients to establish the project scope of works and to explore various design options to ensure the project's viability and success in terms of the design, budget and the timeline to complete.
Site Visit & Initial Client Meeting
We typically visit the site with the client to review the site particulars and to establish the project brief. This initial site visit is important in understanding and highlighting any planning or design constraints as well as any potential opportunities.
Following the initial meeting and site visit, a design brief is formed based upon the client's requirements, budget and design preferences and is accompanied by a fee proposal for the services requested. This brief is important as it is the document that will be used to define and inform the design development.
Once the fee proposal has been agreed. The Agreement is signed and the retainer portion of the fee paid prior to the commencement of services.
Based on the design brief, we commence with the design process which may vary depending upon the project. The design development sketches will be specific to the site and the client's requirements.
The design will take into consideration issues such as site constraints, orientation, location, gradients, neighbouring properties, views and prevailing winds. We have a number of tools available to assist our clients in fully understanding the design of the building. These include free hand sketches. CAD drawings and 3D computerised visualisations.
Once the design has met our client's approval, work on the planning drawings commences and includes drawings typically required in order to gain building approval by the government planning and environmental departments and any other statutory associations .
During this process MGA Inc will act as agent for our clients throughout the application process and will liaise with the planning department and any other agencies. We complete and submit all relevant application forms and advise on the necessity for any other specialist consultants that may be required to successfully complete this process.
Upon approval, MGA can discharge any conditions resulting from the approval notice.
Further to receipt of the planning approval, a range of detailed information will be required prior to any building work commencing. Depending on the level of service required, this can include only the core construction drawings or a full package of construction drawings, specifications and schedules.
Tender Process or Negotiation
MGA Inc can prepare all of the necessary information for tender to a list of recommended builders/ contractors. Alternatively, if a negotiated contract is the preferred route then we can recommend companies that we have worked with successfully in the past.
Construction & Contract Administration
As port of our basic service package. MGA Inc offers a full contract administration service which includes making regular site visits during the construction process to ensure that the construction works ore carried out in accordance with our drawings and specifications and completed to an acceptable building standard. Additionally, we attend site meetings, deal with any vagaries during the construction, issue Architectural Instructions and the Certificate of Practical Completion.
Post Contract Administration
As port of our contract administration service, MGA Inc oversees the Defects Liability Period as stipulated by the terms of the building contract to ensure that all defects contained in the list of architectural snags are properly carried out by the builder/contractor. Once completed. we issue the Final Certificate in accordance with the building contract.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Typically on larger projects, a project manager may be appointed by the client and in such cases, we are always happy to assist in recommending good project managers that we have worked with in the past. However, if it is the client's preference that the project management duties fall under the responsibilities of the architectural consultant, then MGA Inc. has the capacity to provide in-depth project management services in addition to our basic service package.
In association with our consultant team, we are capable of delivering full project management services on all of our projects. This service essentially consists of two parts, the "Pre-contract stage and the "Post-contract stage". The functions of these stages is as follows:
Pre-Contract Stage Services
• Gaining client requirements & producing a brief.
• Coordinating & managing change of use/ sub-divisions/ concessions etc.
• Gaining design team fee proposals & making recommendations for the client's appointment.
• Managing & reporting on the preliminary budget estimate, (prepared by the appointed Quantity Surveyor.
• Managing the design process in terms of scope and time frame.
• Managing the subsequent budget estimates.
• Holding design meetings.
• Coordinating final design.
• Conducting the final design review
Post-Contract Stage Services
• Overseeing the tender process (managed by the QS)
• Reviewing the QS tender report and report on best value tender.
• Oversight of the main contract documentation (as produced by the QS).
• Gaining & reviewing the contractor's program.
• Monitoring progress as the work proceeds.
• Gaining & reviewing the contractor's procurement schedule.
• Monitoring procurement as the work proceeds/ flagging risk items for delay at intervals throughout the project.
• Holding fortnightly progress meetings & producing minutes for distribution.
• Issuing Contract Documentation such os instructions / certificates/ extensions of time/ contractual correspondence.
• Gaining consultant sign offs following their inspections during the works.
• Overseeing the Final Account (carried out by the QS) and issuing the Final Certificate.
• Overseeing the contractor's snags and signing off.
• Overseeing the Design snags and signing off.